Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Puke Award!!!!


So, I have decided I will make my very own award.  The Puke Award.  Now let me explain.  The more I train by myself in the Varsity weight room, the more I am shielded from the absolute morons that work out in the "regular" weight room we have on Stevens fine campus.  I usually go down there, and lucky for me I am the only one.  However, when someone else is down there, the stupid things being done aren't quite as bad as the "cardio" room we have going on at the 3rd floor.  Now don't get me wrong, a lot of the athletes do a lot of stupid things themselves and some of their habits could earn them a Puke Award in the future.  But lucky for them not this week. When I happen to venture upstairs when Vanessa and I go train, I get in the pissiest mood.  There are all types of dummies up there, using 5 lb weights, doing all types of bench presses, and generally just making an ass of themselves trying to heave up weight they are too puney to handle.  So I am going to make an award specifically dedicated to you jackasses, and all jackasses who do things that either piss me off, make me feel bad for you, or make me laugh.  Basically, the Puke Award encompasses dumb ass things that people do while they are working out, that make me want to PUKE.  I will do my best to make this a weekly thing, but I have enough ammo to last me a decade, so who knows how many I hand out.  Let's get on to business.  

The 1st ever Puke Award winner is........(imagine a drum roll)!


The "I text on my phone in between every set of every exercise I ever do" Guy

You know who you all are.  "Oh man that was a tough set, let me text Becky and find out if we can like, hook up later".  I mean seriously man, is your phone that damn important that you can't leave it outside.  There is only one squat rack in here, and you are taking 10 minutes of rest while you text in between your sets of 3 at 135 pounds.  
1. Get off your damn phone
2. Quit being a wuss. and add some weight, wuss.

Leave the phone outside, the place is only so big, I don't want to hear your conversation of how much you drank last night.  What your bench was, or where you and Jill are going in the City.  And girls you aren't off the hook either because you do it too, in between your 2 hour intense bouts of cardio.  If you are on a cardio machine, and have enough strength or ability to text someone, read a book, read a magazine, talk to your friend.  WHATEVER.  Up the damn speed,  your huge ass, and those of us who have to look at it will thank you.  So there you have it.  

Please, next time you lift whether you are in the Varsity Weight room, or upstairs in the cardio gym, please leave your phone alone.  If you are there to train, train and get the hell out of the gym.  Your workouts wouldn't be 2 hours long if you stopped talking between sets. Plus, 1 hour away from your precious friends will do you some good.

Until next time, PEACE

1 comment:

  1. today...leaving el gym. There was a lady on her cell....talking while doing leg extensions. I can barely concentrate on counting hwen talking to you, and this lady was chatting away. She should put down the phone and up the weight!

    ReplyDelete