Friday, July 17, 2009

Questions and Answers

I hope the young lady who asked these questions doesn't mind that I answered these questions on the blog but I think they are good questions the other people may have.

Question: Which is better; weigh fruits, veggies, etc. foods or use the suggested serving size?
Answer: I would say to weigh and measure your food, and then use a website like calorieking.com or fitday to calculate the calories, protein, carbs, fats, etc. that you are getting in each food
Question: Should you weigh meats prior to cooking? I assume yes, but wanted to be sure.
Answer: With calorieking.com you can get the counts for both cooked and uncooked meats. I I would suggest you weigh before you cook it but do what is easiest. Like I said you can do both with calorieking.com

Question: What are your thoughts about Juicing and the diet 'Eat Right 4 Your Type'?
Answer: I do not know too much about either of these option so I don't really know too much about it. I have always wanted to try the juicing but I haven't had a chance to get into it. I would think that it is a good concept. You can never get enough fruit or vegetables so I would give it a shot. It'll help you get all the good stuff that is in the fruits and veggies.

Question: Where can you buy Bison here in the valley?? I really want to try the 'Badass Bison' burger.
Answer: I would say your best bet is Trader Joe's. Trader Joe's has a lot of great stuff from the Bison, to Greek yogurt which you should take a look at as well. Greek yogurt is great because it has a ton of protein, and good fat's as well. It tastes pretty good with frozen fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment