Thursday, July 16, 2009

Rule #1 of Fat Loss-

I have been dealing with a lot of people at work, and the more people I see and speak to the more I realize that 80+ percent want to lose weight in some way, shape, or form. So what I am going to do over the next few posts is discuss certain rules of fat loss. Now this is by no means a dietary plan, but more or less dietary guidlines that I think everyone should follow. I think that a lot of people have heard the rules over their years of trying to "diet down" and lose but for some reason nobody really does them. They continually look for quick fixes that for some reason are never that quick, or they are so quick that once they stop doing the diet, they baloon right back to where their impatient asses started. So here we go.

Rule #1-Have clear, defined, and measureable goals

Simple enough right? Well whats the problem people? Why are do so many of you not have clear and defined goals on why you are doing whatever it is you are donig? Why when I ask you what your goals are do you tell me "tone up", "get in shape", "lose weight". Those are too broad, and for the most part unmeasurable. If you weigh 200, and tomorrow you weigh 199! Ta da you have lost weight, but how the hell am I supposed to know if that is enough if you tell me, "I want to tone up! or Lose weight". How do I know when you will be happy? I won't! Give yourself a date, a time period, a number, make a long term goal, a short term, and everything in between goal. Because otherwise you'll spin your wheels jumping from diet to diet, frustrated. Then that's when you come to me, lost and confused. So start today! Labor day is coming soon I think it's a little less than 2 months away. That's 8 weeks. At 1.5-2 pounds a week you should be down 12-16 pounds. There you go I started you off, now you finish. Make some measurable, achievable goals, and follow through with them. It'll Make a world of difference.

"I ________ will be ____ pounds lighter by Labor Day weekend!"

2 comments:

  1. You know this post made me write down even more concrete goals in my goals notebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As well you should. It'll make things a little more concrete

    ReplyDelete